How do you define "healthy"? This is a term that we use and/or hear on a daily basis, but it means different things to different people. I used to equate being healthy to being physically fit, but this definition has changed over time to include not just physical fitness, but also mental well being. I feel like health education is an opportunity to educate students early in their lives about choices they can make regarding nutrition and behavior that will have a direct impact on both their future physical and mental development.
I am interested in finding ways to make health education a lifelong learning process for students. Health education is not something that is static, but rather it is ever changing, based on new research, information and technology. I am also very curious about finding out what "healthy" looks like in different families and in different cultures?
No comments:
Post a Comment